Venison Appetizer/Side

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

barney9

Original poster
Feb 3, 2014
Hey guys! I am looking for some kind of appetizer or side I can prepare ahead of time (Sunday for a long cook or Monday/Tuesday for a short one or even Christmas morning for something easy) on the smoker to bring to Christmas. I am open to most things but I have a ton of venison and my family is usually happy when I bring Venison or Bear. I have been looking through recipes but I am having trouble finding something that will re heat well.

B9, , Half venison and half hot Italian sausage with jalapenos,shredded cheddar and cream cheese center-Check out Jeffs stuffed meat balls .

Bears Venison Dried Beef. Slice thin then chop the meat. Combine 1 pound soft Cream Cheese, 1 Cup Dried Venison, 1/2 Cup Fine Chopped Green Onion. Black Pepper or Cayenne to taste. A favorite Spread around here...JJ

Moinks would be good.

Chris
Love the directions the Rangers are headed! I think they are very close to having a good young team that can sustain success for awhile. Especially when Igor comes up!

A friend of mine makes an excellent side/snack with venison roast. People that claim to not like venison like this stuff.

Cut it into 1-1/2 to 2” chunks, marinate 12-24 hrs, grill to medium.
Serve in crockpot on low-med with some of the marinade To keep it moist.

I can’t give the exact recipe, but he uses a teriyaki type that isn’t gooey or sweet.

The basics:
worcestershire sauce
soy sauce
lemon juice
olive oil
plus a few aromatics for flavor
proportions aren’t terribly critical

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky