Veni Jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jmusser

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 11, 2020
Have been making for years and always used a premix. This is my first go at my own recipe. Small batch to try to dial in. Started at 120-140-160-170 to finish. I am sure am loving my Auber PID for things like this. I finally figured out how to do the different steps to automatically move to different temps. With a blu tooth temp probe I can sit on the couch and make sure temps are good. Bradley feeding applewood pucks. Felt lazy doing this today and loved it!

1.5# Venison Backstrap. Cure, Kosher Salt, Course Black Pepper, Worchestshire Sauce, Garlic, White and Light Brown Sugar. Went thick on slices trying to get a more tender bite. Very happy with taste and texture. Sweet with a little pepper bite.

IMG_0988.jpg
IMG_0987.jpg

Next round... dropped the white sugar and did some honey. Otherwise same process.
IMG_1007.jpg
IMG_1008.jpg
IMG_1015.jpg
IMG_1016.jpg

Reactions: pushok2018
Have been making for years and always used a premix. This is my first go at my own recipe.
This is what I consider a beauty of my hobby. Experimenting (with), adjusting, trying to improve my recipes.....
I am sure am loving my Auber PID for things like this.
I LOVE my Auber PID - very easy to use, very reliable and very convenient.....
Awesome looking jerky! LIKE!

Reactions: jmusser
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky