vacuum sealers?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I am looking to buy a vacuum sealer as a stop gap until VacMaster releases their “new and improved” model. I hope they don’t screw it up by cutting corners and making a plastic/aluminum piece. I loved my Pro350 (sad face). I’d buy another one used if I found it.

suggestions? I’d feather support a company that deserves it over a FoodSaver.

I bought an Avid Armor A100 this summer and I'm pretty pleased with it. It's only a 12" sealer but its well built and comes with a replacement seal strips and heat element. It has the port for doing jars and canisters too if you use that. I did buy the kit for mason jars too for my smoked paprika. So far so good but I am not a heavy user for sure and only had it for 5 month or so take that into account. My research showed it was rated fairly well though. Good luck.

Reactions: okiwen
I am looking to buy a vacuum sealer as a stop gap until VacMaster releases their “new and improved” model. I hope they don’t screw it up by cutting corners and making a plastic/aluminum piece. I loved my Pro350 (sad face). I’d buy another one used if I found it.

suggestions? I’d feather support a company that deserves it over a FoodSaver.
we bought inkbirds version. works well.

I liked the inkbird , but mine didn't have many uses on it , and it bought the farm last week . In the middle of using it the thing started running with the lid open , and the sealing bar was heating .
I'm hoping it got wet or something . Gonna give it some time and try it again .

I bought a Cabela's unit about a month ago.
Works well so far.
Not sure what a $500 model offers over a $100 unit.
It even sealed a bag when it got a gulp of moisture.

I liked the inkbird , but mine didn't have many uses on it , and it bought the farm last week . In the middle of using it the thing started running with the lid open , and the sealing bar was heating .
I'm hoping it got wet or something . Gonna give it some time and try it again .
Man, I hope that they covered that. I guess that is a vote for the Amazon extended coverage too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky