Vacuum Sealer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My thoughts too!

The bags that came with it are 26cm by about 32cm and to be honest I have used 2 to make fatties they are the perfect size! But I note they come in 10, 15, 25 cms in most cases with the odd one outside of the X 5 sizing. I think as Wade pointed out the max is 28cms or 11inches

There are quite a few sites that sell bags and rolls, including fresherpack that make the Eiffel.

The site that Wade posted earlier in the thread have bags on the site but no prices. Possibly no stock?

I have got the Andrew James vac packer and have had it for around 6 years and it is great and still going strong.

Eiffel Pro ordered...
banana_smiley.gif

Got my Eiffel Pro yesterday, it seemed to take ages to seal and when it did I could have sucked the air out myself better.  Not blaming the machine, I must be doing something wrong like have a bad seal or something.

I will trawl through the fridge tonight for something else to seal and have a play...... to be continued.

Hi James - It sounds as if the lid seal with the bag isn't as good as it needs to be and air is getting in. Are you wetting the seal rubbers with a damp cloth before putting in the bag? Also it is locking shut before you start the vacuum?

I assume that you are using the embossed bags too?

Thanks Wade, I am using embossed bags, I must admit that I did not wet the seals but I will try that, and have another play with it tomorrow.

Thanks Wade, I am using embossed bags, I must admit that I did not wet the seals but I will try that, and have another play with it tomorrow.

How did it go?

I'm still undecided between the Eiffel Pro or the Andrew James.

The Andrew James is winning out at the moment as I like the convenience of having the integrated roll and cutter.

I am still not convinced.  I managed to seal some rhubarb in a small packet, but I tried to seal 4 chicken fillets in a marinade but it was hopeless I couldn't get it to work.  I tried 3 or 4 times and gave up in the end.  So at the moment it has been thrown in the back of the cupboard until I have the patience to try again, personally I thought it would have been a lot easier.

I am still not convinced.  I managed to seal some rhubarb in a small packet, but I tried to seal 4 chicken fillets in a marinade but it was hopeless I couldn't get it to work.  I tried 3 or 4 times and gave up in the end.  So at the moment it has been thrown in the back of the cupboard until I have the patience to try again, personally I thought it would have been a lot easier.

Is it because the liquid of the marinade is being sucked through to the seal? I've heard this can happen but can be overcome.

No I was really careful and there was no contamination of liquid into the machine, but while I was watching the link that you sent me I found this video which could be a lot cheaper for bags.  I use ziploc bags in the Shack so I will give this idea a go.

No I was really careful and there was no contamination of liquid into the machine, but while I was watching the link that you sent me I found this video which could be a lot cheaper for bags.  I use ziploc bags in the Shack so I will give this idea a go.

For the sake of a couple of quid saved, I really could not be arsed with the faff. Life is way to short.

That is really disappointing James. I used one regularly for a couple of years and it behaved impeccably.

Hi James

Sorry for a late reply but yes I did have similar problems but vanished once I had moistened the seals. Mind you never got any instructions with mine and the You Tube Vid was cack!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky