Vacuum sealer bag roll question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hijack73

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 9, 2020
SC, just a smidge from Charlotte
Never had nor used a vacuum sealer but I ordered one of the inkbird ones.

For bags, are the 8" too small for say a 4lb rib roast or a 4lb chuck? That's pretty much the biggest thing I would be bagging. Looks like my only real options are 8 and 11. I'm sure I'll need some 11" ones, but do I need to order 2000 ft of them or would a 50 ft roll last me a year. If 4lb chucks will fit in 8's, it's probably the former.

Thanks folks.

I always use the 11" , the only other I get is the twin bag where the 11" is separated in half. I will use that for sausage . I also have a auto vac sealer and some folks shudder that it takes a xtra inch or 2 to seal lol.

Go with 11" bags like said above . I get 50 ' at a time . I bought one of the Inkbird sealers as a back up last time they offered the sale . Mine does not like heavy duty bags . Won't make the seal . If you're buying from Inkbird you should be fine .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky