Vacations

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We just got home from 5 days in Deadwood S D ... been going out there for eight years now during The Days of 76 Rodeo. Of course we did miss last year. Met some awesome people out there from all over the U S so now we go visit every year. Little bit of gambling and alot of drinking and eating! We will book our hotel room for next year as soon as Sturgis rally is over! But we are lucky, our son comes stays at the house while we are gone and takes care of our dogs.

Ryan

Am I the only one that has a hard time spending money for vacations? I recently retired but even before that other than going to see family I have not took a vacation since 2002. Every time I add up the dollars just can't to it. Be easier if had someone to go with. I am ahead of my budget for the year and trying to talk myself into something. Actual trying to talk myself into Mexico. I have had my shots but looks like still need to be tested before return trip.
Heck, just walk across the boarder with the rest of them, Brian.:emoji_laughing:

Great advice. I had been thinking of going to San Antonio river walk where I can also drive. When I look at $250 a night for Hotel I change my mind. That what got me thinking about Mexico. Can stay there cheaper. I have good memories of there but I guess thinks change in 20 years.
Instead of hotels look on AirB&B for a small house, condo or apartment to stay in, you can save up to 50% and get something really nice and close to things you want to do..

I have some friends taking cruise to Alaska next year Sept. If I start planning now could go. I new to this having time to go and realizing you have to plan months ahead of time.
Alaska is sweet, but there in nothing cheap about the place, damn near double you'd pay down here, if not more. If I ever go back, I will rent a cheap motel or bring a tent (no joke) there are some great camp sites, instead of staying at a lodge for fishing or hunting.
Rental cars are priced crazy high up there, as well as food and drinks.
No way in hell would you catch me on a COVID cruise until we have a much better handle on this crap.

Reactions: TNJAKE
kennels where full.
I hate leaving the dog . When I had 2 GSD's it wasn't as bad , because they stayed together . We left them at a kennel that was ran by the St. Louis GSD club .

came home to a sick dog
Been there . I'm down to one dog . Got hooked on cattle dogs after the shepherds died . We left her at a kennel 3 years ago , damn dog didn't talk to me for weeks after that .
So this year she got to go to the Smokey Mountains with us .
IMG_1397.JPG
IMG_0957.jpg

Been there . I'm down to one dog . Got hooked on cattle dogs after the shepherds died . We left her at a kennel 3 years ago , damn dog didn't talk to me for weeks after that .
So this year she got to go to the Smokey Mountains with us .
That made me chuckle about the dog.
My wife had a house cat for nearly 19 years (got put down after Easter for health issues).
Every time we left her in someone's care (and she was picky about the "someone", too)
I, repeat I, got hissed at for about week after we returned.

Instead of hotels look on AirB&B for a small house, condo or apartment to stay in, you can save up to 50% and get something really nice and close to things you want to do..
The "hidden" costs of Air B&B can make it more expensive than a hotel for short term stays.
We have Time Share and the rental through that is very reasonable for weekly stays without hidden costs.

Reactions: chopsaw
Just got back from a week in Georgia visiting the daughter and SIL. Scouted out a few places for retirement pruposes , but also witnessed a guy taking down a few of her very old oak trees. MAN, was that dude crazy!!!

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky