Vac Sealing Cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
I cold smoked these in mid Dec, finally getting them vac sealed. Got really mellow.

20220113_120043.jpg

Looks good Rick

Your cheese has the 'look' of properly smoked cheese. Low heat, gentle smoke, and longer delivery times. I wait a couple of days before vacuum sealing my cheeses too. I give some away after it's mellowed a day or two, but I just wrap in peach and put in a zipper bag as people usually dive right in.

Sure does look good! Wished I could bottle that smell and use it as an air freshener!

Ryan

I cold smoked these in mid Dec, finally getting them vac sealed. Got really mellow.

View attachment 521984
Hi quite new to smoking cheese and have ben doing some experimenting and recently purchased a Vacuum sealer
to seal the cheese in. So is there an optimum time to seal the cheese after smoking and how long can you keep the cheese once vacuumed sealed in the fridge for. Thanks.

^ months to possibly years if vacuumed sealed. I usually eat mine within a year because it is tasty.

Reactions: Fitou143
Hi quite new to smoking cheese and have ben doing some experimenting and recently purchased a Vacuum sealer
to seal the cheese in. So is there an optimum time to seal the cheese after smoking and how long can you keep the cheese once vacuumed sealed in the fridge for. Thanks.
I wrap the blocks in cheese cloth and then into a paper bage/fridge for a few days or longer before i vac seal.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
I smoked some Tillamook sharp chedder that did well vacuum packed for 2 years. I also had some mild chedder grocery store brand that got crumbly and didn't do so well after only a few months vacuum packed. I think the fat content made the difference in how well each cheese did.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky