Vac Bags Too Big!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jfsjazz

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 6, 2012
Ohio
Not too many guys here with chamber sealers, and unfortunately those bags won't work in a regular vacuum sealer, because they have no channeling in them.
Hope you sell them!
Al

I recently purchased 14x16 bags (3mm) for my chamber sealer, never giving thought to whether or not they would fit in my machine. Well, they don't.

Here is a link to the bags: https://shop.vacuumsealersunlimited.com/14-x-16-Chamber-Vacuum-Sealer-Bags-Case-of-500-30734.htm

I used 3 of them before I realized my mistake. I'll pay the shipping cost to get them to you, if you are interested in buying them.

Joe

This might sound dumb, but as a last resort you could seal a 45° line on each corner at the open end of the bag.
Then trim the excess off. Then your open end between the 45° lines can be small enough to fit in your machine.

I told you it sounds dumb, but it would work, unless yours won't work without the channeling.

Bear

Last edited:
Reactions: archeryrob
This might sound dumb, but as a last resort you could seal a 45° line on each corner at the open end of the bag.
Then trim the excess off. Then your open end between the 45° lines can be small enough to fit in your machine.

I told you it sounds dumb, but it would work, unless yours won't work without the channeling.

Bear
Well Bear, if that's dumb, that makes 2 of us! I tried that exact fix right before I saw your post and it worked! Sealed in some water as a test and it's holding nice and tight.
All is not lost!

Thanks for your input!

Joe

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky