Using too much charcoal?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

les3176

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
harborcreek,pa
So to day i decided to just relax,and try to relive some of the stress i have been under the last week or so and try enjoy some smoking for the bowlgame.I wasn't really planning on smoking today but i gotta do something!! And i was horrified when i only found one half a bag of royal oak lump is all i had left!!!! So i ran to the store and got  a bag of kingsford brickettes....i only really use them for grilling before and only once or twice for smoking when i first started smoking.I am mixing both the lump and the bricks together and i am struggling with temps..and it seems like i am going through alot of bricks.Its not that cold today is in the 30s..i've smoked in colder before with only lump and had no temp troubles ant all. Is this normal with the kingsford brickettes? It just seems to me that their not producing nowhere near the temps of lump.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky