Using the Turkey cannon for Yard Bird

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

seaham358

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 18, 2007
Hyde Park, NY
Trying the TC today. Chic that I injected with butter and rub mixture. Smoke for 1 hour at high smoke then turned up to 325. Filled TC with apple juice. Never used it before so looking forward to the results. I can not get a bigger bird using the cannon, the top of bird touches the lid of smoker when closed.
MVIMG_20190816_171711.jpg

Ok, the Yard bird came out great. Loving this new smoker.. No messing with adjusting the knob on my gasser and no tossing on more logs on my side smoker. It's just turn the knob to 325 and walk away. I do sometimes miss messing with my Charbroil. I'm actually planning on getting it out and give it a good cleaning. Chicken came out super moist and the wife and nephew who stopped over said it was real good. Forgot to take pics sliced
MVIMG_20190816_183114.jpg

Reactions: gmc2003
Looks real good from my vantage point.

Point for sure
Chris

I will have to use it a couple more times.. the wings got super crispy because I just let them hang, the underside also had some crisp to the skin. I used apple juice in it and it added no flavor that I could taste. I figured for what it cost why not try it.

I tried it once with a turkey on my Weber. It did elevate the breast so much that it was touching the lid, and I thought it was a bit messy to clean afterwards. But I may haul it out again and give it another try on one of my larger smokers.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky