using beer instead of water......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buffalohonker

Original poster
May 30, 2011
My last 2 smokes I have done I have used beer for my steam instead of water, I did a whole turkey and put 3 cans of Sam Adams Summer Ale and I thought it came out amazing! Well today I have salmon in the smoker which i do every year for my father in law but this time i put 2 cans of Sam Adams Octoberfest, it smells amazingggggggggg..Anyone else add beer to their smoke>? Happy Thanksgiving to all!

I used to use water then one day I had some homebrew porter that was a little old for me to drink so I tried a chicken with it also turned out amazing, since then I have used all sorts of things, from cheap whiskey to red wine.  My favorite so far is an IPA chicken.  Today I am doing a Dales Pale Ale Turkey!!  This is my first turkey I have smoked so I am very interested in seeing how it turns out.  Happy thanksgiving out there guys!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky