Use of spinach in sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cheech

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 19, 2005
Beautiful Grand Rapids Michigan
There is an article talking about using spinach in sausage for the cure. Have you ever heard of this?
4bd4e3d5_vbattach12204.jpg

There is a certain amount of salt in all growing things from the earth so it would apear that the natural conversion of salt to nitrates when smoking would hold true as well with veggies. Green plants absorb more salt from the soil than do lighter colored plants. So .... it makes sense.

Have a Safe and Happy Easter!

The sodium is naturally occuring in the soil and tranferedd to the plants. Nitrogen is also in the soil, air etc. Green plant have more nitrogen than or red, yellow etc. Through photosynthisis plant abosorb the oxegen and give off carbondioxide. Nitrates are NO2 - 1 nitrogen molecule and 2 oxegen molecules. dioxide means 2 oxgen molecules. The nitrogen is absorbed from the soil giving it the 1 nitrogen molecule. NO2. I can't say why the extra carbon molecule gets bumped. I may have to research that.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky