Upgrade Issues

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just got the script error when I tried to respond to a post.
Richie
The post I tried to respond to was insomnia strikes again.
My original reply I had included the beer emo,I removed it and the post went right
Richie

Everything is working fine at the Bear Den, but I'm having to cut my forum time down because the Red on Black is killing my Peepers. And is it really that hard to take the Zoom away from the Carousel? Can't think of any other important problems.

Bear

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!
My Peepers Thank You too for the Red on White!!
No more Squinting through my #2 reading glasses!!

Bear

Reactions: daveomak
I am only guessing but every time I try to put the Beer Mug EMO I get this error
Problems.jpg

Richie

Richie----Maybe it thinks you've had enough!!

Just kidding Brother---I tried it too, and the same thing happened.
Then I tried a "Bear Face" & the same thing happened too.

Bear

I've been noticing when I click on a link it jumps to that post and won't allow me to scroll away from that post. In fact the only way I can scroll through the thread is if I delete the post ID from the url and reload that page. Then I'm able to scroll freely.

I only have checked this while at work, and our systems run Internet Explorer, not Edge just old school IE. This might be the main cause of the problem.

Is it taking you to the lastest un read post in that thread ? I've had that before . scroll up and it jumps back down . Navigate away and come back it was fine .

Is it taking you to the lastest un read post in that thread ? I've had that before . scroll up and it jumps back down . Navigate away and come back it was fine .

If I'm clicking say from the front page to "The Latest Post" or through a alert of a thread I'm watching, it will go to that specific post. So for your post in this thread for example, it is post #2023276. It will lock me to where I cannot scroll away from that specific post. Remove the specific post number from the URL and it takes me to the first post on that page, and I'm able to scroll without issue.

That's what I'm talking about .
You might go into your profile page .
Preferences
alerts page , see what if anything is checked under viewing alerts . I have nothing checked .
Just an idea until you hear from someone .

I'm bumping my original post since I have the screen shot of the pop up. See quote for details. This happened last overhaul with embedded scareware in ads and only on this SMF site. I had to become a premier member to eliminate threats from SMF that could damage my device. Everything has been fine from the day my premier membership expired this Spring till the day of this upgrade. Now this.:
View attachment 411303

Hey dr k dr k , I wanted to check in to see if you have seen this issue pop up again recently? Thanks!

Hey dr k dr k , I wanted to check in to see if you have seen this issue pop up again recently? Thanks!
No I haven't seen the pop up alert since 11.11.19 when I got the screenshot and put it up. It must have been found and removed. Are these in ads? Happened much more often when the platform changed a couple years ago.

Is there something I'm missing in regards to the Media? You can't set a pic as the thumbnail anymore and all the old albums are just blank? The pics are still in the albums, but in this shot below, they look like this:

1574865497422.png

Maybe y'all are telling me I need to not use up so much server space?! :emoji_laughing: :emoji_sweat_smile:

**edited to add I apparently found the limit for adding media? haha

1574865773881.png

bmudd14474 bmudd14474 or hellasteph hellasteph , is there a member limit on storage or is that per file? DOes upgrading account get you more space? Asking for a friend with a picture taking problem... :emoji_grin:

Last edited:
Just wondering if still possible to put locations on avatar instead of clicking on it ?
Otherwise I think the changes and concerns of most, have been addressed. Nicely done. . .

Just wondering if still possible to put locations on avatar instead of clicking on it ?
Otherwise I think the changes and concerns of most, have been addressed. Nicely done. . .

Except the Carousel pics are still zoomed in way to much to see what's in the picture.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky