Update: picture of my newly painted UDS...KC Chiefs fans should love...I do!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Post up some pics of your cook tomorrow.

Uds looks great.

I am doing four whole chickens which will be spatchcocked (keel removed also)...brining them for 3 hours prior...so they should be great.  I will post up some pics  :)

I am doing four whole chickens which will be spatchcocked (keel removed also)...brining them for 3 hours prior...so they should be great.  I will post up some pics  :)
Go hot...it'll look like a forest fire coming out of the vent but no worries...lol    Keep the lid shut until you reach temp also because when you open the lid with all that chicken grease it'll flame up on you.  

No need to brine either unless you want to change the flavor.

Just finished my UDS yesterday. My first smoke is tomorrow also. I spatchcocked 2 chickens and are brining them now till tomorrow . I hope that is not to long. Nice looking UDS. I was born in New Orleans but moved to southwestern Pa. 18 years ago. So I am a Saints fan and an acquired Steeler fan. The Saints are in my. Blood. Good luck on your chicken.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky