Update.... First try at Venison Pastrami. Score....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Tasty looking pastrami! For venison we have always taken it to a lower temp then steam finished it. It just doesn't have the fat like beef brisket does. When you reheat the sliced vac packed meat do it in the sealed bag using the boiling water method.

POINTS!!!!

Tasty looking pastrami! For venison we have always taken it to a lower temp then steam finished it. It just doesn't have the fat like beef brisket does. When you reheat the sliced vac packed meat do it in the sealed bag using the boiling water method.

POINTS!!!!

Thanks for the point, dirt.

What temp do you take yours to? I was thinking beef, and I pulled it @ 165*. Then steamed to 201*. After it cooled, it became quite dry.
I haven't tried any that i vac sealed yet.

Thanks for the point, dirt.

What temp do you take yours to? I was thinking beef, and I pulled it @ 165*. Then steamed to 201*. After it cooled, it became quite dry.
I haven't tried any that i vac sealed yet.

125-130, then steam to 150-160. Top wit kraut, ground mustard, on good marbled rye, oh yeah!

Your vac packed stuff if reheated in the bag won't be dry.

125-130, then steam to 150-160. Top wit kraut, ground mustard, on good marbled rye, oh yeah!

Your vac packed stuff if reheated in the bag won't be dry.

Thanks dirt. I wasn't thinking when I treated it like a beef brisket. The next batch will definitely be better at the lower temps..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky