Unstuffed Peppers (Been a Long Time)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Good looking stuff Bear. Love the concept!! Well done sir and thank you for sharing.

Looks like a Sloppy Joe with accessories. I'll take two!

I was thinking the exact same thing as I was reading through it. Only difference is that I'll take 3 please :emoji_wink:

Robert

WOW, damn that looks righteous! I haven't had Stuffed Peppers since my Grandpa made them, probably been about 35 years, I am really digging the idea of your Unstuffed Peppers. This is getting added to my list of indoor winter cooks, thanks for the inspiration Bear!

Dave.

Well I'm late to the party again John. Looks great and what an easy idea. Great tip on the microwave too. We reheat a lot of stuff so this will be a great idea. Great job.

Thank You Mike!!
About the only thing I don't Nuke to reheat is French Fries.
I even reheat a Cheesesteak, by splitting it lengthwise down the middle, and place the insides on the outside to reheat it, because the middle of a Cheesesteak is way more dense than the outsides, and needs more heat.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks real simple and very good from my screen John, The only change(or addition) I'd make is to add some freshly grated parmesan cheese.

Point for sure
Chris

WOW, damn that looks righteous! I haven't had Stuffed Peppers since my Grandpa made them, probably been about 35 years, I am really digging the idea of your Unstuffed Peppers. This is getting added to my list of indoor winter cooks, thanks for the inspiration Bear!

Dave.

Thank You Dave!!
You'll Love It !!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: Flatrate
Good looking stuff Bear. Love the concept!! Well done sir and thank you for sharing.

I was thinking the exact same thing as I was reading through it. Only difference is that I'll take 3 please :emoji_wink:

Robert

Thank You Robert!!
Yup--I only had 2 plates of this that night, and a big bowl the next night.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks real simple and very good from my screen John, The only change(or addition) I'd make is to add some freshly grated parmesan cheese.

Point for sure
Chris

Thank You Chris!
I agree---I love Parm on mine too, but we happened to be out of Grated Parm.:emoji_disappointed:
Hopefully Next Time!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Honeslty you always put up some grade A awesome stuff buddy. I been thinking of doin stuffed peppers for some time. I don' t personally like peppers as a main eating part of the meal but I do like the stuffing the ole lady likes the peppers lol. This will be a great way for me to make these for her yet still enjoy the meal too. thanks for sharing.

PS as a side note smoking the meat and peppers on the 560 might be plan lol :<)

Honeslty you always put up some grade A awesome stuff buddy. I been thinking of doin stuffed peppers for some time. I don' t personally like peppers as a main eating part of the meal but I do like the stuffing the ole lady likes the peppers lol. This will be a great way for me to make these for her yet still enjoy the meal too. thanks for sharing.

PS as a side note smoking the meat and peppers on the 560 might be plan lol :<)

Thank You Much!!
That sounds like a Plan, with the 560 !!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Thank You to all you guys who gave a Like, without a comment.
I'd like to thank you individually, like I always do, but they're just too hard to dig out.

Bear

Bear and negolien negolien

Here is another version you may like,

Enjoy. . .John

Unstuffed Cabbage

1 1/2 to 2 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
3 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small cabbage, chopped
3 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
1 can (14 ounces) tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon ground black pepper (or more to taste)
1 teaspoon sea salt (or more to taste)

Preparation:

In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground beef/turkey and onion and cook, stirring, until ground beef is no longer pink and onions are tender.
Add the garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.

Add the chopped cabbage, tomatoes, tomato sauce, pepper, water and salt. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until cabbage is tender.

Yield: Serves 6 to 8

Reactions: negolien
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky