Unbelievable Best Ribs Ever

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

two much smoke

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
We usually buy side ribs and are never happy with them. This time we bought baby back ribs. The wife put her own dry rub on them and let them sit in the fridge overnight.

I smoked the ribs the next day with apple and cherry wood. Every hour or so I sprayed them with apple juice.

We have never made them this way before. Rather than putting them on the bbq after wards and adding a sauce I left them plain.

I made up a mild sauce and a hot sauce and put them in different squeeze bottles to let everyone put as much sauce on the ribs as they wanted. Only the hot sauce was used and the wife and grand kids didn't want to ruin the taste of the ribs as they were so good plain.

So next time I do them this way I will do a Q view.
icon_redface.gif

im with you on not putting any sauce on them anymore, much better to put it on with squeeze bottle when you eat them.

Congrats on making everyone a happy camper. I'm always interested in a good smoke,so what temp did you smoke at, and did you foil at any time during the smoke? It's all good my friend.

I do our baby backs dry since eating at the Rendezvous in Memphis. That's their style and they're very good. We purchased a bottle of their finishing seasoning and have used it ever since. Right before taking your ribs off you spritz them with a hot water/vinegar spray and sprinkle on the seasoning. I also use it on my pulled pork. It's very good. I think an apple juice spritz would be just as good.

As you can imagine it was kind of pricey at their restaurant and they sell it online, four bottles for $28. Sam's sells it for about $6 a bottle, which is where I now buy it.

http://www.hogsfly.com/ProductDetails.php?product_id=34

thats funny u mentioned rendezvous..they were on TV other night as one of the better places to get ribs..there ribs looked killer....problaby as good as mine im sure hahahahahahah

wow they sure are proud of those ribs..100 buks for 2 slabs?? must be something on those ribs ...WOW

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky