Uffda from North Dakota

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoke-n-jr

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 17, 2007
Mascoutah, IL
Hello. My name is Kevin Attig and I am in the Air Force stationed in Grand Forks. I used an older electric smoker on mostly grouse and rabbit when I lived in Alaska. The smoker has since lost the war on rust and I received a Luhr Jensen Big Chief for Chirstmas. I was so excited, I smoked my first block of Cheddar that day! It turned out really well. I tried making some jerky a few weeks after that and it tasted great however, I did a poor job slicing the pieces and I had to finish it off in the oven and they turned out crispy. Last weekend I smoked my second batch of 5 one lbs blocks of Cheddars and Mozzarella. I would like to learn to do a brisket and ribs.

Skol Vikes!
PDT_Armataz_01_35.gif

Welcome Springer Guy!

You've come to the right place to learn. Please consider taking Jeff's email 5 day couse on smoking basics. It is a great place to start.

Feel free to ask lots of questions. The friendly folks here at SMF will make answer.

There are special forums for beef, pork, chicken, cheese, etc. Look through them to see how others have mastered new techniques and recipes.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

I just joined last week. Great to see a fellow Nodaker! Just bought a MES from Scheels in Fargo. Love it! Smoking 3 types of sausage as we speak.

Ditto on the Skol Vikes!!!!

Thanks for the welcome, all!! I must correct mcoppin. I am not a "nodaker". I'm originally from Minnesota (go Gophers!). I do, however, really like it here. Thanks for the note!

Gophers 4, Sioux 2
PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif

Welcome aboard Springer Guy glad you found us. Im just a dang ol wood burner myself but turn out some good old smoked meat.

Uffda dude (not many here know about that). Usta live on the north edge of the Miniapple myself, in East Bethel, MN. Not native though, Ozarker. Railroad moved me around a bit.
Welcome! Go catch some yellow perch through the ice and smoke em up. Post pics. They eat fine. What ever you do, DO NOT post anything with lutefisk. LOL.

Welcome Springer guy,

One of the keys to a good briskett is low and slow: 1.5 hours per pound at 230 degrees. We are eager to share our collective experience.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky