Uds intake-question on single intake

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bwhite82986

Original poster
May 5, 2017
Hey guys, I know this has been beaten to death but have a question on doing single intake for uds. The largest pipe at local Lowes is 1 1/4". I know my current brinkman has a fixed hole that can't be more than 3/4" but I understand the elbow will restrict air flow. Would a single 1 1/4" with an elbow be sufficient for 300-350? I will be getting a chargrilled duo for hot and fast.

Also will probably just do several holes for exhaust, like the look of that more than an exhaust pipe. Would 4 1/2" holes be sufficient for exhaust or would I need to move up to 8 or do larger holes? I know there is some formula involved for exhaust

If you can get two 1.25" on there on opposite sides I would go that route as it would allow for more flexible intake options if needed.

For the exhausts I would go with the eight.

I hope this helps. :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky