Two New Glass Engravings Today.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KBFlyer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 7, 2018
Ontario Canada
Still learning the software but getting better at it.
Just when you think you know what your doing the software tells you different. lol
20240423_134048.jpg
20240423_174200 (1).jpg

Dang that is cool. Wonder what you could do with a picture of my little man for Mother’s Day? I mean just my first thought.

Dang that is cool. Wonder what you could do with a picture of my little man for Mother’s Day? I mean just my first thought.
Well I am no expert by no means but lightburn has the option to trace a photo and then burn it. Still learning all the options. Pretty big learning curve for this old fart lol

Nice work....Your figuring out that new toy pretty well.

Jim
Ya everyday I get a little better at it but there is still lots to learn. The software has a spot where you can make notes of your different burns and I should start doing that as my memory is not so good sometimes. Right now I'm just winging it and doing tests on cardboard before doing engraving on the glass or the cutting boards so I can see any screw ups first and correct them.
Also a buddy from work does a lot of cnc and engraving told me about doing the picture glass but in white paint then removing everything except the paint inside the groves. Said guys put them on those LED bases and they look pretty cool. Need to research that one for sure.
screenshot-www.amazon.ca-2024.04.24-12_31_02.png

Reactions: JLeonard
Experimenting with adding colored kraft paper behind the engraving. All I had was yellow and orange so yellow it was.
20240424_131129.jpg

Very nice,,, I love my Laser and CNC,,, I have the Ortur LM3 20w and the Onefinity Elite Journeyman CNC,,,, What a learning curve for sure.

If you have a metal you want to mark but it's not compatible with your laser system, check out CerMark. It's a spray on that will leave a raised marking.

I've used it at work and it's pretty robust stuff. Space use approved.

KBFlyer KBFlyer myself and I'm sure a lot of members here familiar with you have no doubts you will figure it out completely and make some really cool stuff. Might be next year when I can pay you for mother's day engraving but I'd go to you over anyone else. Keep it going.

Reactions: KBFlyer
If you have a metal you want to mark but it's not compatible with your laser system, check out CerMark. It's a spray on that will leave a raised marking.

I've used it at work and it's pretty robust stuff. Space use approved.
Thanks for your reply. I'm not into it for making money,,,,retired old guy just fooling around with a new toy. So far I am enjoying the the new toy.

For my 5x7 dollar store picture engaving I think I have come up with a way to light them up at night. Modified the frame to except the LED base. Traced out the size of the LED base onto the backing and cut it out on my scroll saw. Had to modifie the frame a tad for the wiring but really not noticeable. Might add some hot glue later to secure the wires. Looks pretty cool. Now to firure out a larger base for my 13x13 engraves.
20240430_205738.jpg
20240430_202901.jpg
20240430_205455.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky