Tuscan night

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

schlotz

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 13, 2015
Coatesville, IN
Going through the freezer yesterday morning I came across a pair of CSRs which was perfect for a quick dinner. Once thawed applied some Tuscan seasoning along with some kosher salt, black pepper and a bit more garlic powder and let them sit for 20 min while the grill fired up. Already had some corn soaking in the sink. Put the corn on first then the CSRs a few minute later. CSR's were seared on both sides and lightly based with Italian dressing then moved to an indirect area to finish. Meanwhile pulled together a version of an Italian salad by adding genoa salami and extra sharp white cheddar cheese to some mixed greens. Tossed lightly with Italian dressing. The grill timing turned out well as the meat and corn got done about the same time. Less than 30 minutes and dinner was served with some nice Red Wine :emoji_stuck_out_tongue:.

IMG_5035.JPG
IMG_5037.JPG
IMG_5038.JPG

Great looking dinner! And I love those quick cooks that look like it took a long time
Jim
Thanks Jim. It has been too hot lately to spend a bunch of energy making dinners so I've adopted a simpler approach. Can't say they've been perfectly balanced but at least there's a protein and some veggies. :emoji_sunglasses:

I'm with you on the CSRs and the wine, I have to find a less energy cook every once in a while, yours look delicious.

Here in seattle we have actually had 3 days of sunshine in a row and people are already complaining it's too hot.

• Haha
Reactions: schlotz
Nice meal Matt. Simple, to-the-point, and delicious. You did Tuscan, I did Greek. Aren't we the world travelers?? :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Looks delicious for sure! What do you use for Tuscan seasoning? We used to get a Tuscan garlic seasoning we really liked but apparently they stopped making it.

Ryan

Looks like you had a fine meal
It was, thanks Jim.

Nice meal Matt. Simple, to-the-point, and delicious. You did Tuscan, I did Greek. Aren't we the world travelers?? :emoji_laughing:

Robert
Excellent, at least we were both in the same general area of the Mediterranean. Thanks Robert!

Looks delicious for sure! What do you use for Tuscan seasoning? We used to get a Tuscan garlic seasoning we really liked but apparently they stopped making it.

Ryan
Hey Ryan,

It can be as simple as a bottle of Italian seasoning or one you mix up and sprinkle on. You can play with the amounts to suit your taste. Last night I was in simple mode, so just used the Italian seasoning plus added some black pepper and more garlic powder.

1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky