Turkey thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

myownidaho

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Nov 27, 2016
Southwest Idaho
Howdy, kids!

Just wanted to pop in and let you know I’m still alive and kicking. I haven’t been smoking much over the winter and I’m pretty hyper focused on a family medical issue that will be holding my attention for the next few years. C’est la vie.

I decided to smoke a pair of turkey thighs today. I didn’t have time to brine them, so I used Dizzy Pig “Game On” dry rub under the skin with a pat of butter. Smoked for 3.5 hours at 225 on cherry to an IT of 163.

I liked the results but I will brine them next time in addition to the rub. The side was sautéed veggies tossed with wild rice.

Thanks for looking!

0885BC06-AD41-4574-A6CE-C43E617B3F47.jpeg
32FA7598-A055-4254-9B5A-D6F9981B1FEF.jpeg
36312635-5378-4297-93A1-7EB0DD6D3F0A.jpeg
ACEDCE34-ED59-4536-87EA-8950CE4CBC90.jpeg

Reactions: SmokinAl
Thanks, Chile! It’s not been easy but we’ve established a routine, of sorts. My 57yo wife was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer’s last spring, but the first symptoms started over five years ago. It’s an evil disease.

Thanks, Chile! It’s not been easy but we’ve established a routine, of sorts. My 57yo wife was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer’s last spring, but the first symptoms started over five years ago. It’s an evil disease.
Oh man, been there and dealt with that long rough road.
My prayers to you and yours.

That is a fine looking meal!
I had a friend your wife's age go thru that & I really feel your pain!
Good luck & hang in there!
Prayers sent!!
Al

The turkey thighs look awfully good to me. One of my fathers best friends had Alzheimer. He was someone I knew most of my life. One day he just stared at me for a good five minutes. I think he realized he knew me but couldn't figure out how. It was tough.

Point for sure.
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky