Turkey smoking questions.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I brined two turkeys the week before thanksgiving. It was 11pm, had no containers big enough, nothing was open to go buy some, so I took everything out of the crisper drawers, cleaned them up, placed brine and turkeys in them and slipped them back in their slots. Worked great.

I thought of doing that but my wife would have lost her #*&^ if she saw raw poultry sitting in liquid, uncovered and enclosed in the same fridge as we keep everything else...
PDT_Armataz_01_26.gif

Yeah, I just read that post. Guess I'd not recommend it. But then again, I guess it'd be one way to get me to scrub out the Fridge!
icon_eek.gif
<Which needs doing...sigh>

Yeah... they SEEM it. It's the manufacturing and materials used in them tho. Probably not gonna kill ya, but why chance it. Haunt your local deli or resto and ask about the pickle/food buckets. Alot of times they toss 'em out, and they work great! just be sure not to use abrasives on the plastic. Scratches hide nasties.

Yeah, I read about the pickle buckets and the newspaper to kill the smell in one of debbies post. I have a source for used restaurant equipment (cheap). I was wondering about the large stainless pots?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky