Turkey on the thaw

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

negolien

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 1, 2020
Sacramento, Calif.
Hey All,

Started the Turkey thaw tonight yes it's in the fridge not on the counter lol took a pic then moved to fridge. I have a 3.5 pound pre cooked boneless sous vide from Omaha Steaks. I have had a few of their items and really like the company unlike SRF my packages from Omaha ALWAYS come with lots of dry ice still in the box. I have had their slow cooker meals which were easy but meh and some of their meats like smoked brisket which was AWESOME.

Just gonna plop the boobie in a pan and wrap in foil then throw on my MB 560 for 45 mins. Can't wait to try it. Any thoughts on browning I don't usually do sous vide.
turkey.jpg

That MB 560 should go to 700° in 15 min. Skin side down on the warming rack should darken things up quickly 5° before your IT pull temp.

Reactions: negolien
A little over cooked because I didn't like the texture under foil. Tastes good would probably have preferred a regular cooked one reheated over a sou vide but not gonna complain. Omaha does it right yet again. I also got some raw boneless skinless breasts from them with this order and they were pretty good but on the small side. really a fan of their service if only they had SRF quality of meats.
finished turkey.jpg
finished turkey 2.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky