Turkey lunch at jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Woodzman

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 8, 2017
Cortland ny
I recently found Smithfield turkey breast a dollar a pack and stocked up for lunch at work. Well it's great if you like a salt sandwich. 150 mg salt per slice. So I figured I'd try making jerky out of a couple packs. I soaked the slices in water for a day changing the water 2 times . On final rinse I mixed 2 tsp mrs dash 1tsp onion powder 1 tsp garlic powder and a tbsp of dinosaur bbq rub. I hung it on skews and smoked it with apple wood..
20190810_134225.jpg
20190810_134215.jpg

Definately 2 thin . Flavors there but its jerky enough to jerk teeth out.possibly a thicker slice would make a better jerky. Was hoping to make a use of a deal...but definately not as jerky

Reactions: drdon
Haha. 10/10 for creativity. If you didn't try it, someone else would've!

I think the soaking it part was spot on. Perhaps next time, mix with some fat and grind/emulsify into bologna type product :-)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky