Turkey Injecton

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jrisebo

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 19, 2015
Dayton ohio
Anyone use marinades from off the shelf from Krogers, etc. to inject? I was thinking of a cajun chicken marinade and inject the turkey then smoke.

Probably the most popular and definitely danged good is Tony Chachere's Injectable Marinade's.
Even though I can and often do make my own, I keep a few flavors of Tony C's in the pantry.

Look in my Recipe Index, I've a recipe for Cajun Butter injection marinade.

But hell yeah, inject those birds and butts!
even if not injecting a flavor marinade I often inject birds, pork bellies, butts and stuff with brine to avoid having to wet brine.

Last edited:
Hello from up North! Injecting works well. You're lucky, Kroger doesn't carry them up here. Wife has been looking for me... In the end, I prefer cured turkey on the smoker and TonyC injected deep fried.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky