Turkey breast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
Had this turkey breast floating around in the freezer for a while now. Decided it was time to purge it from the freezer. Took the skin off and cut the meat off the bone. Did half with Killer Hog AP seasoning (basically SPOG) and the other half with a honey chipotle mustard grilling sauce I picked up on my recent WV visit.
AAAEF545-0F29-4898-8847-05636FB759FC.jpeg
onto the kettle with some apple chips in a smoker box over the coals. Chips don’t burn up as fast in the box And smoke longer.
DC22C26D-FEE0-4BA6-9A56-D06596177E44.jpeg
Ran it 275 degrees for a couple of hours to get some smoke on them then wrapped in foil with butter until IT was 165 degrees. Didn’t get any finish pics as the 14yo pit and the grands were grabbing as fast as I could slice it. Will say this… was juicy and tasted great. Might have enough hid to make a Sammich later. If its hid it well enough from the kids.
Thanks for looking,
Jim

Turkey looks good on your grill and sounds like it was a big hit with your crew!! hope that you do get to enjoy some yourself!

Reactions: JLeonard
Looks great Jim! Hope you hid the leftovers well...bet your boy could sniff them out at 20 yards! Lol

Ryan

Reactions: JLeonard
Looks great Jim !
Our local Food Lion has them on sale occasionally and I always try to pick one up.
Which flavor did you prefer?

Keith

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky