Trying to get back into the brisket game

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lspilot82

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 30, 2009
Lakeland Florida
Hey fellers and ladies,I really haven't been here in awhile, just been lurking a bit. I did post a few weeks ago when I made some Chuckie Burnt endies, but that was it. So I'm trying to get back into things. Boy has it been a while since I threw down on some brisket, but I figured it's time to get back in the game. I was asked by my brother in laws to make a brisket, since I've been killing it with everything else I've smoked so far. So, I was like sure, I'll give it a whirl. Anyway, went to Walmart and got me a nice 12 pounder, trimmed her up, scored her a bit, then on with the mustard, and yep you know it, Jeff's original dry rub ah dub dub. Boy I love that stuff!!! Also, I'm making some of Jeff's BBQ sauce as well. You know you can't have one without the other, love and marriage, love and marriage.....oops I got carried away a bit. Anywho, got her resting now, and at about 10pm or 11pm I'm going to throw her in the smoker and get her on her way to all kinds of yumminess. I think I'm going to let it ride, no foil, then at around 200 or so, take her out, separate the point and the flat, and yep you guessed it, make some burnt ends out of the point. So here is to a night of smoking, and a little praying, and hopefully all turns out well. I'll let you all know how she goes.

In for the cook.

110.gif

cheers.gif

We are watching for sure... Lakeland aint very far, maybe we can smell the que ,,,

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky