Trying to duplicate Tibors Spicy Gyulai Kolbasz

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kvn

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 20, 2021
I am attempting to make some fantastic Gyulai kolbasz, I am not looking for junk, I am willing to do what needs be, I am missing what it needs, any thoughts on how to duplicate? I love that stuff?

I am attempting to make some fantastic Gyulai kolbasz, I am not looking for junk, I am willing to do what needs be, I am missing what it needs, any thoughts on how to duplicate? I love that stuff?
Again you’d be better off putting your multiple sausage questions in one well thought out post. You also should post these in the sausage forum. You are blowing up the mew post section with all the back to back ones.

Reactions: kvn

Hello KVN,

Here is a basic recipe for Gyulai. Hot paprika is not added to this kolbász, that is a decision for the maker. The 2 % sweet should be the base, then add the hot according to your taste if you like.

Pork 100% 70/30
Salt 2 %
Sweet Paprika 2 %
Black Pepper 2 %
Caraway ground 0.02 %
Garlic fresh 0.02 %

Grind through 8mm plate, stuff into 36 size hog casing. It is basically a dried sausage, not usually smoked, but if you like, do that. Cure must be added if smoking.

Have Fun !

Gus

Hello KVN,

Here is a basic recipe for Gyulai. Hot paprika is not added to this kolbász, that is a decision for the maker. The 2 % sweet should be the base, then add the hot according to your taste if you like.

Pork 100% 70/30
Salt 2 %
Sweet Paprika 2 %
Black Pepper 2 %
Caraway ground 0.02 %
Garlic fresh 0.02 %

Grind through 8mm plate, stuff into 36 size hog casing. It is basically a dried sausage, not usually smoked, but if you like, do that. Cure must be added if smoking.

Have Fun !

Gus
Gus, thank you! I’ll give this a shot !

thanks !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky