Trying to conecct two BT thermometes to a single phone

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gustavo Ulloa

Original poster
Jun 25, 2021
Hello, new user here. I'm trying to connect two Bluetooth thermometers to the same Android phone: a Nutrichef PWIRBBQ90 (one probe) and an Inkbird IBT-2X (two probes). I use two different apps (BBQ Go for Inkbird & Easy BBQ for nutrichef). The apps succesfully pair to the thermometers, but neither of them shows accurate reads for probe 1: each app shows the readings of probe 1 of both thermometers alternately. There are no problem for inkbird probe 2 in BBQ Go. It seems like both thermometers are sending the same code that identifies each probe 1, so both apps can't identify which one is related to the thermometer paired to it.

Has anybody managed to solve something like this?

Thanks!

Hello, new user here. I'm trying to connect two Bluetooth thermometers to the same Android phone: a Nutrichef PWIRBBQ90 (one probe) and an Inkbird IBT-2X (two probes). I use two different apps (BBQ Go for Inkbird & Easy BBQ for nutrichef). The apps succesfully pair to the thermometers, but neither of them shows accurate reads for probe 1: each app shows the readings of probe 1 of both thermometers alternately. There are no problem for inkbird probe 2 in BBQ Go. It seems like both thermometers are sending the same code that identifies each probe 1, so both apps can't identify which one is related to the thermometer paired to it.

Has anybody managed to solve something like this?

Thanks!
Not possible. If you have a different operating system on another phone, iphone then yes. Otherwise, it'll keep alternating as you mentioned. Easy bbq came with my 6 probe Soraken but several other apps run the Soraken like Solis Thermo, chugod, bbq go, smart bbq meter,topbbq, grilleye and a few others. I have them all downloaded and paired so Solis thermo is the most recently updated. I'll try another one when they update. Some crash more than others and graphs always randomly restart. Most apps haven't updated in a long time. Easy bbq is one, if not the most crashing app. Look up the app and it's history, version and last update. That's why I'm with Solis Thermo app that comes with tenergy 6 probe BT therm.

Reactions: Gustavo Ulloa
Not possible. If you have a different operating system on another phone, iphone then yes. Otherwise, it'll keep alternating as you mentioned. Easy bbq came with my 6 probe Soraken but several other apps run the Soraken like Solis Thermo, chugod, bbq go, smart bbq meter,topbbq, grilleye and a few others. I have them all downloaded and paired so Solis thermo is the most recently updated. I'll try another one when they update. Some crash more than others and graphs always randomly restart. Most apps haven't updated in a long time. Easy bbq is one, if not the most crashing app. Look up the app and it's history, version and last update. That's why I'm with Solis Thermo app that comes with tenergy 6 probe BT therm.
Thanks for your reply! I've tryed using a diferent phone for each thermometer and everything seems to work fine. I'll use my tablet when I have to use three probes. I'll install Solis Thermo on it to avoid anoying crashes and graph restarts!

Have a nice smoking weekend!

Thanks for your reply! I've tryed using a diferent phone for each thermometer and everything seems to work fine. I'll use my tablet when I have to use three probes. I'll install Solis Thermo on it to avoid anoying crashes and graph restarts!

Have a nice smoking weekend!
All the BT graphs restart and they can't fix it. All BT apps will eventually crash when jumpiing in and out of other apps on your phone while having a BT therm app up and going. When you leave the BT therm app to go to another after several moves it'll say the app has stopped running do you want to open it again and after pressing yes it'll have all your preset settings as they were before the crash. I've never had a BT app crash when it's up then setting the phone down as it sleeps. Just jumping back and forth to the BT app.

Reactions: Gustavo Ulloa
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky