Trying new things

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokenhans

Original poster
Jun 7, 2013
Nebraska
Well I have a Brinkman Smoke-n-Grill and I have now done pork butt (pulled pork) and and I have done a pork tenderloin and the next thing I am thinking is a whole turkey and I am a little neverous, any advice or hints would be greatly appreciated! Also now that I have started I absolutely love smoking and want to do it all the time, I hope that some day I can upgrade smokers and was looking for some opinions on what would be a good next step that is resonable I am on a very tight budget! I love the aticles and really appreciate being part of this group.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might start with the modifications recommended for the Brinkman to make it a better smoker if you have not already done so. Jeff has a good tutorial at http://www.smoking-meat.com/modify-brinkmann-ecb-smoker or you can search Google and you will find several ways. It might be a good inexpensive way to start. A good next step might also be to build your own UDS...not real expensive and you get the joy of knowing you did it!Good luck on wahtever you decide!

I have a pretty tight budget my wife is laid-off right now and has had a lot of medical problems this year, I have to young girls, so like most people I have to watch everything I spend closely, I really enjoy smoking/cooking with wood and lump charcoal, I am not real picky I just love doing it and my Brinkman was just the starting point.

Hello and welcome Smokenhans.  themule asked the important questions.  Big Griz mentioned the UDS.  Gets a little chilly there in the winter as I understand. 
icon_biggrin.gif
 That's gonna make holding temp in a UDS harder to do.  If you are in a rural area I'll bet you could find and old fridge or freezer stuck out in a barn.  And locate a propane stove/cooker with oven.  Even if off that well known auction site ( E-B88 ).  Fridge is insulated and will have a door seal.  Good for winter.  Old oven provides all the burners and controls needed to make it work.  Good winter project.  Check out fridge freezer builds in the forum.  I haven't gotten to start mine yet due to commitments but expect to have less than 200 in the build when finished not counting custom paint ( if I can afford it ).  I have posted the starting picts.  Have a look to see what I mean.  Good luck.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/141051/1955-fridge-build

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky