Trying my first shoulder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bignasty

Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Lone Tree Colorado
I decided to try a pork shoulder. Not sure why it took me so long to try one, I love pork. I am only about half way there ( and tiered). Fired everything up very early this morning plan on pulling it and I hope it gets there by a decent hour. I will let you guys know how it turns out. I love this site I have learned so many things, I modified my smoker the way many have recommended on this forum. Man what a difference that made, I hold a constant temp much easier than before. Until now I have only done poultry, small beef roasts and lots of baby backs in my smoker, you guys have made me feel confident enough to do a pork shoulder!! If it turns out well I might try a brisket next, my wife loves brisket but I haven't been willing to try one yet (working up to it). Any way I will let you know about the pork later tonight or tomorrow.

good luck with the smoke...

as you said this place is great and it gave me confidence in my smoking as well... i am trying a pork shoulder or brisket next...

we love pics here

Well the shoulder was a complete success! That was some of the best pork I have ever had if I do say so myself. Took about 12 hours and well worth it, everyone loved it and there is none left. I am having problems posting pics though. When I uploaded from my camera I had the computer erase the flash card on the camera when it was done. It said It uploaded the pics but I cant find them anywhere in the computer. This is very annoying because I had other pictures on there as well. Got to love technology though rite!? If I come across them I will post them. Its a shame to because it turned out very well, even looked good. I guess that gives me an excuse to do another though, hehehe.

bignasty, congrats on your shoulder. Keep up the good work. Practice, practice, practice. Nice avatar, have 5 myself, enjoy cooking in ovens when camping, which the Mrs. thinks should be every weekend. Sorry about your pics.

Good for you bignasty....we all knew you could do it ...now go for that brisket :)
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif

when uploading pics, pay attention to what folder it puts them in by default. i have a folder on my desktop, called BBQ, i put mine in. i think by default, it puts them the "my documents" folder. i use winxp.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky