Tri Tip cooking time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

old golfer guy

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 21, 2017
I have SVed T. T. roasts before for 2 hrs @ 125 and they have come out great. But now I am reading articles that say 6 to 12 hrs. What are your suggestions for timeing on T. T.s
Thanks
Dale

They don’t take me very long on the smoker because there small when cut up and I marinate them in bbq sauce for extra flavor and tenderness. Maybe 1.5-2 hours at 225-250. That includes the meat on the rack before starting my fire so it takes me little longer then a guy Starting with a preheated smoker

I’ve used the sv on well over a dozen TT’s. A few short 3-4 hour baths, but mostly 10-12 hours. The longer they are in the better they are. Let one ride for 10-12 you’ll be happy you did.

Scott

I like mine reverse seared like a big steak. Always med rare to 135 . Never really keep track of time just IT. Have a happy Tri tip new year!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky