Treager Pro Controller

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I really, REALLY wish I had read this thread before buying a new Pro 34 a few weeks ago. Been nothing but trouble. What is the return procedure? LOL

I really, REALLY wish I had read this thread before buying a new Pro 34 a few weeks ago. Been nothing but trouble. What is the return procedure? LOL

Have you contacted Traeger? If you have and they have not corrected the issue, contact the place you bought it from and tell them you want to return it. If they refuse, file a claim with your credit card company - assuming that's how you paid.

I got it from Cabelas. They said I can return it within 90 days of purchase, with a receipt. So, it's going back. Was thinking about trying my second choice, Rec Tec but I'm a bit gun shy now. Have read about some problems with them too. Will probably just buy another Weber kettle, since that has always worked well for me.

Reactions: kerstingm
Well, IMO, there's no good reason not to buy a Weber kettle - even if you have a pellet grill you can't go wrong for the price. I still use mine all the time. But I don't think you'll see the same problem with a RecTec as you did with the Traeger, as it has a much more sophisticated controller. The weak link on these Traegers as well as several other lower end pellet grills is the simple controller they use. In most cases they work fine, but they simply don't respond well in all situations and if conditions are not perfect for them, they can have big swings and flame outs. I don't believe you need PID algorithm for good control, but it needs to be better than these grills have.

You earned that beer Brother!

I enjoyed riding along with you on this journey. I’m just thankful it was an easy resolution. I may be interested in that subsequent Pro controller that shows up!

HAHAHA...

Have a great evening Brother.

Pat
I happen to have a never used new in box Pro controller if you're still interested in it? $50 good deal for you?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky