towels and cooler

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fwsmoker

Original poster
Jun 2, 2010
fort worth,tx
i

have smoked several briskets but have never tried the method of resting it in cooler wrapped in towels could someone please explain.

when you rest the meat it allows the juices to rest in the meat. If you cut it right away there is usually tons of juice on the cutting board. Resting lets that juice stay in the meat. The towels and cooler is to keep it above 140 while resting.

Brian is spot on with his explanation. It's all good my friend.

Just be careful when you open the foil as it will be full of juice that you want to keep and it will still be very hot to the touch.

Same process will apply to any big chunks of meat you do butts, chuckies, butts, ect. Let them rest for at least 1 hr., you will be much happier with the results of you work.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky