• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

towels and cooler

fwsmoker

Joined Jun 2, 2010
i

have smoked several briskets but have never tried the method of resting it in cooler wrapped in towels could someone please explain.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
when you rest the meat it allows the juices to rest in the meat. If you cut it right away there is usually tons of juice on the cutting board. Resting lets that juice stay in the meat. The towels and cooler is to keep it above 140 while resting.

richoso1

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 21, 2007
Brian is spot on with his explanation. It's all good my friend.

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Just be careful when you open the foil as it will be full of juice that you want to keep and it will still be very hot to the touch.

tjohnson

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Insider
Joined Dec 29, 2009
Rest = Good

Scar is correct, Keep The Juice

TJ

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
Same process will apply to any big chunks of meat you do butts, chuckies, butts, ect. Let them rest for at least 1 hr., you will be much happier with the results of you work.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.