Top Round

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokyMose

Smoking Guru
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 13, 2015
Indianapolis, Indiana
Good afternoon! The forecast was for a beautiful day yesterday and I took a chance and trusted it.
I dug around in the freezer to find something suitable and found something I bought to use for sausage some time ago:
package.jpg
Looked around a couple of sites for London Broil/Top Round recipes and found one that used a marinade.
3 cloves minced garlic
1/2 cup soy sauce (I used low sodium)
2 Tb vegetable oil
2 Tb ketchup
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp black pepper

I gave it a good stabbing on both sides and scored and it went into the marinade bag for what turned out to be almost 24 hours, turning every so often.
stabbed.jpg cut.jpg bagged.jpg

I used the "upside down vortex" method for the coals and gave it a good sear on both sides. About 4 to 5 minutes each side.
Then moved it off the direct fire to bring to temp. Didn't take long.
grilling.jpg sear.jpg therm.jpg done.jpg

Chives are coming up and just what the doctor ordered for mashed potatoes.
chives.jpg

Perfect! sliced.jpg

Plated with mashed potatoes, green beans and buttered sourdough bread.
plate.jpg A great cook for early spring.

BBQ season is upon us! Thanks for looking and have a wonderful day!

Dan

Attachments

• sliced.jpg
    sliced.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 21
  • plate.jpg
    plate.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 16
Dan that is a great looking plate of food. Love chives in my mashed also
It is nice to see things in the gardens starting to poke out of the ground

David
Yep, about the only herbs we use are chives and parsley and chives are the first thing to come up in the spring and the last to die in the winter.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Man that looks stellar!! You sir have created a meal fit for a king but us paupers think it's the quintessential comfort food. That meal is right up my alley. Very well done and congrats on finally seeing some nice weather.

Robert

Reactions: SmokyMose
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky