Top Round Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cajun_1

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 16, 2006
Idaho
but couldn't pass this one up. What internal temp should I be looking for? Smoker temp? Figure to rub With just Greek seasoning unless someone else has an idea.
Thanks.

Internal temp depends on how done you want it and how much fat content is in the meat. 140* to 145* will bring it around medium. If laced and marbled with fat, you can cook it like a Brisket

Be sure not to use AC Vineger in your mop or spray when cooking Beef! It will dry it out.

Jeff

Ok here it is..pics are in reverse order for some reason. This is the 4lb Top Round Roast, as you can see there is very little fat cap, think I should throw some bacon on before smoking? The rub is just EVOO and Cavender's Greek Seasoning. It is now vacuum sealed and in the fridge.

Well the final results...Took meat to 155*. Let it rest for 1/2 hour. The taste was excellent, but the meat was not very tender. Took about 4 hours at 233*. Hardly any smoke ring..seems I have changed brands of chips. Hardly any smoke, no ashes in wood box, just looks like charcoal. Anyway meat has been vacuumed and put in freeze for another day. :(

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky