Top Round Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

link

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 7, 2008
Michigan
My mother in law gave me a really nice little Top Round Roast so I put some Salt, Pepper and Basil on it and smoked it in my MB 30" with Apple pellets (was also doing Canadian Bacon with Apple so apple it is). I took this to an internal Temp of 140° and then let it sit as it was for dinner later that night.

Sliced it up and then put in hot cast iron skillet just to warm. This came out fantastic.

Thanks for looking
Link

Attachments

• 1 Top Round out of smoker.jpg
    1 Top Round out of smoker.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 2 Top Round Sliced.jpg
    2 Top Round Sliced.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 78
great meat for sammies! I am used to it being called eye of round.
Normally when I buy it the name says Eye of Round as well the market she got it from called it Top Round. Unfortunately it was not big enough for left overs as my son was home for the weekend from college.

Link that looks great . I do the same finish temp and slice thin . Good beef flavor . You nailed the color , outside and in .

The roast looks really good. Sliced thin with a little dipping sauce UMMMMMM Gooood.

Point for sure.

Chris

Thanks for the comments all, one of my favorite pieces of meat to smoke as it is flavorful and not really expensive. Two of my favorite things.
Link

It sure looks good from here!
Great cut of meat sliced paper thin and put on a baguette & dipped in an AuJus!!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky