Too late for Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Retired Spook

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jun 28, 2022
14.5 pound prime packer trimmed to 11 pounds with salt & pepper rub.
IMG_1337.jpg

In the smoker at 6:30 AM.
IMG_1339.JPG

This was about 2:00 PM - I wrapped it in pink butcher paper around 4:30 PM and it just finished at 7:40 PM 210-degrees nice a jiggly - I was really hoping it would be done no later than 6:30 PM so I could have a late dinner - oh well...
IMG_1344.JPG

I wrapped in in towels and put it in a cooler for at least a 3+ hour rest - I guess I will wake up in the middle of the night and put it in the fridge - maybe I will make a few slices then and add a photo. Other than that I guess will have to settle for some brisket hash for breakfast in the morning and re-heat some for lunch. The price of old age.

I will be giving half of this to a friend because there is no way I can eat this much brisket before it goes south.

I hope it tastes as good as it looks.

Good night! 😴

Last edited:
Looks great! Let me know if you need a few more friends to help eat it!

Looks great from here, that's 1 of the reasons I love my pellet smoker and inkbird therm, all night cooks are pretty worry free.

A 2:00 AM slice - so that was 6-hours in the cooler. It was still quite hot to the touch though being half asleep I failed to stick the thermometer in it.
IMG_1345.JPG

Not bad my technique is getting better each time - very very tender and the juicier component is improving - pulls apart effortlessly. I could have trimmed the fat a little bit closer but that something that only experience can teach.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky