Tony from New Jersey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jazzspot

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 9, 2007
Hello all!! Glad to find another great BBQ forum. I've been smokin for only 1 year. I have a Chargriller with the SFB. I mainly joined this forum to get more info from a member here of how good or bad his King Kooker gas smoker has been performing for him. I need more info before plunking down the money to buy it. Again, I'm glad to find another BBQ forum.

Tony

Welcome Tony -

This isn't just another great BBQ forum this is the greatest BBQ forum with the friendliest folks on the net!

I'm havig a brain fart I can't remember who got the King Kooker. I know I was looking at it on eBay myself.

Yep, he's the person that has the King Kooker. I've been all over the internet BBQ forums trying to get some info on this gas smoker. I was about to buy a WSM and then I was reading about folks with the gas smokers... namely the GOSM products. Then I saw the King Kooker and had some questions such as... why is it so much heavier than the GOSM?? Why does it cost twice as much as the $98 GOSM model that is sold at WallyWorld? Does it perform that much better than the GOSM? How is it's temp control performance? Does it require additional mods?

Welcome to the SMF jazzsport, lot`s of great folks here alway`s ready to help ot !!! pull uip a chair & enjoy ......
icon_smile.gif

so were in jersey I`m in middlesex cnty ....

Hi Shellbellc. I live in the Burlington, NJ area. Thanks for updating any info you could about your King Kooker.
Someone had mentioned about using the "search" feature. Well that is always the feature I use when I try to find info. That is how I ran across your posts about your Kooker. As a matter of fact, I'm heading over there right now.!!

Thanks everyone for your hearty welcomes!! I appreciate that.
Cheech, I do plan on sticking around to learn about smoking and also to get educated about the gas smokers. I've never smoked using gas in my life. So here is where I intend on getting "more smart" about smoking with gas. I haven't decided whether to get the WSM or buy the King Kooker yet. I believe Shellbellc has updated his comments about his experiences so far with his King Kooker, so I'm heading over to that post now. I've seen the photos he's posted and those are good to see.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky