Tomatoes for balcony cultivation

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meatiee4

Original poster
Oct 11, 2018
Hay! How are you doing? A few weeks ago I bought tomatoes seeds. They are for balcony cultivation so it is a perfect alternative for me - a person who doesn't own her yard and live in a flat. But in a few years it will change! Anyway, I have never grown tomatoes from seeds..I always had seedlings of tomatoes that I bought somewhere so could you tell me any tips for growing them from 0? If it will help you this is the variety that I bought: https://gardenseedsmarket.com/tomat...h-trailing-habit-for-balcony-cultivation.html . What is the depth of a pot for them?

There are a lot of people that grow tomatoes in 5 gallon buckets, there are tons of videos online, but you basically drill a few holes add a layer of gravel then a soil/pearlite/fertilizer mix. The best deals I've found on buckets are from the deli or bakery department at the grocery stores. I can get them for $1 each.

Besides growing produce in the ground and in buckets as well as large clay pots, I have also used grow boxes with good success. Not cheap by any means but they work well. When I got mine years ago, they did not offer fertilizer as they do now. Here is a link:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky