Tomato Master Gardener, my wife

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cmayna

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
Yes, while I out back smoking our Salmon, the wife who is now a Master Gardener, is typically somewhere in the yard tending her tomato families and other herby things. Most of what you see was started by seeds by her. Though we have a pretty large yard, our sunny spots are very few due to having very large oak and Redwood trees that create tons of shade. So the sunny spots are up close by the house. This year we decided to go crazy with wine barrels which I installed caster wheels on so we can rotate and move them to follow the sun. Yes she went crazy with tomato seeds. She already gave away a few tomato seedlings. Oh and I do love tomato.

IMG_1519.JPG
IMG_1520.JPG
IMG_1521.JPG
IMG_1522.JPG

And here are some tomato plants in the ground along the fence.
IMG_1523.JPG

Last edited:
Definitely no shortage of maters at your house! Looks good

Ryan

Thanks everyone. Ever since my wife completed the Master Gardener program, she has really stepped up in planting herbs, veggies, etc. It is a challenge keeping all our local squirrels out of the plants, but we have so far been pretty lucky.

The plants all look awesome!! I imagine she’s growing heirloom varieties? I’m an heirloom tomato fanatic. Last few years I didn’t have my garden due to work schedule. This year got in 27 plants. I have Sun sugar cherries, Amish Brandywines, Cherokee Purples, German Johnson’s, and Kellogg’s Orange Ticked I forgot to put in some Aunt Ruby’s German green. Love the colorful tomato plates they will yield and the flavors are so legit.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky