Tomahawks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
Picked up a couple Tomahawks for 10.49lb. Rib steak right next to them was 17.99lb, so that was easy.

Seasoned with garlic, fresh cracked pepper and thyme, no salt and into the water bath at 131F for about 4 hours. Then salted and onto some hot coals for a sear. Usually I salt before I bag and into SV. The beef flavor really came through cooking without salt. Was very delicious. Sorry no plate shot.

036B1F87-2D98-45E4-8033-0424A8EFB638.jpeg

63E7DA4A-5805-472A-A9F4-D2A1587680B8.jpeg

E0F120F3-AC24-4D22-B62C-5BBC51536FE9.jpeg

Looks fantastic! No need for plated shot
Thank you Jim.

Dang that looks good. Maybe I should have done one of those for my bday instead of tritip.
Thank you. We have to much Tri-tip lately, so these big rib steaks caught my eye. They were a great alternative.

Hell yeah Eric. Some fire steaks right there bud
Thanks a bunch Jake. They were good enough that I’m eating leftovers with shrimp for tonight’s supper.

Done just right for my taste buds, nice job! RAY
I do appreciate that Ray.

Plate?!?!?!? Who needs a plate? You got a handle right there to eat that gorgeous chunk of meat off of!
Jim
Thank you Jim. I do still have a bit of caveman left in me.
Oh, man.... looks soooo gooood... Mouthwatering...
Thanks much I do appreciate it.

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Wow, you nailed it. They look fantastic !
Thanks much, I do appreciate it.

Fantastic looking steaks, Eric. Perfectly done for my tastes!
Thank you Doug. That SV is magic edge to edge.

Those look perfect to me. And you got a really good price, 1/2 as much more here in Seattle.
Thank you, this was a price driven cook, that was also very delicious.

Wow! Man, I can taste it, they look perfect! Love the Weber finish! Great work😃
Thanks much Jed. That little kettle is a mainstay.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky