Today's Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jabo

Smoke Blower
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 29, 2006
New offset smoker

Small Brisket

Beer Can Chickens

Ribs And Butts

Got a fatty in there as well so we can make some ABT's later. The Brisket is at 168 degrees (4.5 hours) as I type, will pull it soon to be foiled and put back on. The chickens have been on for a couple of hours and the ribs and butts just went on. I am doing the brisket on my water smoker since it is my first brisket and I am able to control the temps on my bullet smoker very well. The new Bar-B-Chef seems to be doing well since I added a water pan, I need to go and check it now and see if my temps are varying from side to side. Type with you guys later.

The brisket came out very tender, it was a little too salty for me, but others, especially the women, loved it.

The ribs came out great and may be the best I have made yet.

The pulled pork came off a little late for dinner, but it was great as usual. SoFlaQuer's finishing sauce is all any one puts on it and everyone loves it.

And always last, but never least around my house - the ABT's were great.

Jabo, looks real good... you've been busy I see.. Gotta watch the salt, I won't let my wife salt anything she has a heavy hand with the salt.. I made oinion rings one time and she figured she would salt each and every one of them sothey would be evenly coated with salt.. needless to say they were way too salty .. but atleast she tried :)

Joe

Everything's looking good jabo! :D

The color on that brisket makes me think it may have been a "corned beef" which would be salty if you didn't soak it real good before cooking.

Bob, I think you nailed it. A buddy of mine had it in his freezer and really wasn't sure of it's origins. I wondered why it was pink all the way through. As I have never smoked brisket or corned beef before I really wasn't sure what was going on. I think I will do a brisket that I purchase next time. I hope to get to it next Monday.

jabo,

Excellent job with everything..The ABT's look great too.

That is definately a corned beef which smokes up nicely but you can soak it in cold water for 8-10 hours changing the water every 2-3 hours and that will get rid of the salt pretty well.

ranger72 :)

OTBS # 14

Great pic's jabo. When I saw how pink that brisket was I said to myself "that looks like a corn beef flat".

What did you stuff your ABT's with?

Those were stuffed with creme cheese and sausage (fatty) that I smoked earlier in the day. The corn beef came out great, all the women raved over it, it was moist and tender - just a little unexpected when I took my first bite. I guess I still can't add brisket (officially) to my list but I have corn beef. I think I am going to cure a ham and smoke it for Thanksgiving.

I am thinking of doing a london broil or some sort of a beef roast on Monday, any suggestions? I would like to smoke something that I can serve medium rare and enjoy with the faux bernaise sauce recipe that I saw here a while back.

I think you are correct Sir.

Jabo, The Sirloin roast's have been looking real good in the beef forum. I probably would try one of the Tri Tips if it's available in your area.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky