Today at HD

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I saw first

The 1650 watt Masterbuilt electric bullet smoker was only $29.00
Not a bad deal.. It looked better than an ECB.
IMG_20171128_181442.jpg

So I saw these masterbuilt charcoal smokers that seemed nice.. 22.5 " and just as sturdy as a Weber kettle. The ash catcher was a bit less quality however.. I could see getting this kettle and replacing the grill and charcoal grate with the heavy-duty Weber ones..
$29.00 is a bargain. Oh and yes, they are exactly the same size and thickness of steel.
Or close..

IMG_20171128_181455.jpg

I walked over to the Electric Masterbuilt 30 inch Bluetooth and the digital plain generation 1 smokers.. And I checked out the bottom of both.. I measured the fit between the wall and element shields on both.. I measured the drip pans on the floor of both.

The drip pans are not the same.. The Bluetooth 30 has a bigger drip pan and has more clearance from the wall to the heating element guard. The drip pan in the Bluetooth 30 will not go into the regular 30" gen 1. There is about a 1.5 inch difference in the floor clearance between the 2 for fitting an AMNPS in there.
IMG_20171128_180911.jpg

IMG_20171128_181147_BURST001_COVER.jpg

So anyway, I kept looking and spied the $299.00 Mammoth 44" Masterbuilt dual burner propane smoker with Q-View glass window .. I saw that giant smoker was on sale also.
IMG_20171128_181848.jpg

They had the big behemoth ones on the bottom shelf laying down with foreign writing facing up.. I yanked one out.. stood it up with English facing me.

Lol

It was heavy.. I believe those are $149.00 on sale..

So ended my shopping trip.. just a furnace filter and a few drill bits..

Reactions: pc farmer
I should post this pic of my hand in the 30" gen 1 was tighter than in the Bluetooth. Lol

IMG_20171128_181222.jpg

About 5 1/2 inch space.. close..enough.

Last edited:
I'm going to get that bullet smoker I think.. it's just to dang cheap to not buy .
I could modify it if need be..
I was thinking the same thing.If you get it please give me an OA height.Maybe it'll fit in one of my fireplaces for severe weather indoor smoking.You know...when you just gotta have something smoked even though there's 3 feet of snow ;)

I was thinking the same thing.If you get it please give me an OA height.Maybe it'll fit in one of my fireplaces for severe weather indoor smoking.You know...when you just gotta have something smoked even though there's 3 feet of snow ;)
They are like 18 inch wide by the legs and handles.. About 31" tall I think from legs to top lid handle . Just as big as my Brinkmann charcoal ECB but not as tall..

They are like 18 inch wide by the legs and handles.. About 31" tall I think from legs to top lid handle . Just as big as my Brinkmann charcoal ECB but not as tall..
I could probably use it without the legs,set up on 3 bricks.FP is 29.5" clear in front,taller inside.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky