To tie, or not to tie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brucebq

Original poster
May 12, 2006
Beaverton, OR (PDX)
Well, I would have prefered bone-in, but the best deal around was boneless pork shoulder at Costco. On the now bone free end, everything's still attached but kinda floppy. Tie'em down, leave'em flap, or make more mojitos and find something to contemplate that actually matters?

Bruce

Bruce, this is coming from an old butcher (me) but if you want to impress the guests, then tying makes for a nicer presentation if you're serving it as a roast. But if your going to end up shredding or pulling it afterwards, why bother? Personally, I don't bother with it. So just toss it in the smoker, have a few mojitos and contemplate how great that shoulder will taste when it comes out! :P

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky