To everyone that worked on the last forum glitch.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

forktender

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 10, 2008
NORCAL
Thank you all very much we really appreciate it.:emoji_metal::emoji_metal::emoji_metal:

What was the issue?

Well that was short-lived, it's back to poem form.:emoji_frowning2:

This doesn't seem to be a recurrent problem across the board, pretty much just you from what's been posted so far FT. Are you sure it's not something in the setup of of your computer? You might need a IT guy, I feel bad for you. RAY

Fork I can't check right now, but right click on an affected area, if there are frames then you should be able to click some type of options button and reset the frames. I'm on my chrome book currently so I can't check this out. If I log on to my other computer I'll check.

Chris

That's not true at all go take a look at the other threads posted on this forum there are several other members dealing with the very same problem. I've exhausted everything I could possibly check and try on my end including logging in on other peoples machines and viewing the forum not logged in on friends machines. I even had a friend join the forum to see if the problem was resolved, it wasn't.
It's not on my end, the very same thing happened when the forum very first switched to the Xenforo format. It was resolved quickly not like this time around.

Fork I can't check right now, but right click on an affected area, if there are frames then you should be able to click some type of options button and reset the frames. I'm on my chrome book currently so I can't check this out. If I log on to my other computer I'll check.

Chris
Chris what do you mean by frames?
LOL, you have me clicking all over the place trying to figure it out.

Thanks for the help guys but like my last post says it's not just happening to me on my machine.

Some web sites use frames to separate different content. Think picture frames - each frame contains a different picture or in this case subject matter. There should be a way to see if this web site utilizes frames. If it does then there also should be a way to resize or reset them. It's been over ten years since I developed/maintained web sites so the technology and programs used to code them has most likely advanced far from what I was using. Someone here probably know more then I do. I'm relying on an old outdated brain.

Good luck and I hope you find a fix. That would bother the heck out of me.

Chris

My computer shows up the same way as forktender forktender does. I always thought it was normal ...I hardly ever use my computer while on SMF, always on my android phone. Would be nice to get it changed, but my computer expertise would be to get a hammer...that'll fix it.

Ryan

Reactions: forktender
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky