Titan smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nursewizzle

Smoke Blower
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 10, 2013
Iowa City, Iowa
I've never heard of this brand but it came up in my Facebook feed. Had been looking at a Backwoods Chubby 3400 or G2 Chubby. What do you guys think?

I’d call them and ask for details on the gauge of steel used as well as thickness and type of insulation. Couldn’t find any reviews in the Titan smokers. If it were me I’d likely go with the more well known Backwoods. Are you using a charcoal cabinet now? I switched from electric to a 270 Smokers charcoal and haven’t looked back. Love it!

I’d call them and ask for details on the gauge of steel used as well as thickness and type of insulation. Couldn’t find any reviews in the Titan smokers. If it were me I’d likely go with the more well known Backwoods.
Ideally the Backwoods is what I'd get but my wife is vetoing the one I really want, the G2 Party (I think). However, she's allowing me to get something cheaper now and save for the bigger one.

Totally get that!! I saw a used G2 Party in one of the Facebook groups for $700 but it’s in Texas

I saw that same one. I would have gotten it if it was closer. All the good ones that I want are far away. Even the ones I don't want are far away. I think the closest one I've seen in that group is 7 hours away.

Yep that seems to be the case for me in Ohio too lol. I did end up driving 6 hours to get my 270 smoker finally

Yep that seems to be the case for me in Ohio too lol. I did end up driving 6 hours to get my 270 smoker finally
I'd have to make sure something was way closer than that, I don't have a truck or anything so I'd have to borrow or rent a vehicle.

I've never heard of this brand but it came up in my Facebook feed. Had been looking at a Backwoods Chubby 3400 or G2 Chubby. What do you guys think?

Sorry for the slight thread drift, but what FB groups are you referring to? I've seen several posts here regarding FB groups.

I’ve had a BW Chubby, a Chubby G2, a Party and a Party G2 over the years. The regular Party was by far my favorite of the 4. It just cooked beautifully. It just seemed the cook chamber to fire box size was ideal.
Wish I had never sold it. Just my .02 worth.

Johnny Ray

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky