Tips for using trailer smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

EchoFoxtrot

Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
Hi, I’d like to hear what advice y’all have to offer on using trailer offset smokers. I have been using my Weber Smokey Mountain for a couple years and have smoked on friends offsets a few times. This will be my first time using a larger smoker so I’d like to know what differences to watch for and any change in operation. It isn’t gigantic by any means but it is probably about 3 standard offsets combined into one. Some of the technicals are it being a double chamber reverse offset. A specific concern is how much extra wood and/or charcoal I should plan to use. I’ll be cooking 80lb of pork shoulders and estimate an 11-13 hour cook or so. It looks pretty close to the ones in a photo I found, listed below. Thank you!

Attachments

• FDCD820A-A663-4781-B56C-269C737C7A9E.jpeg
    FDCD820A-A663-4781-B56C-269C737C7A9E.jpeg
    141.5 KB · Views: 21
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky